We think the Big Buck Contest will be one of our most popular attractions at the Nebraska Deer & Game Expo! Leader boards are rotated for the many categories and on Sunday an Awards Ceremony showcases the biggest Nebraska bucks of the year and awards the lucky Nebraska hunters.
THREE DAY PASS
$25 and includes one Free entry into the Big Buck or Shed Contest.
Bring your trophy to the Nebraska Deer & Game Expo. Once you have paid to enter the show you will
turn left inside the Pavilion 4 entry doors and straight ahead is the Big Buck Contest Check-In booth.
Purchase a $10 Big Buck Contest entry ticket for official scoring of your trophy. You will be asked to fill
out a complete registration form and receive a numbered claim check which correlates to a registration
tag that will accompany your trophy. Security and safety of your trophy is always our number one
concern. Your trophy will be scored and put on display at the Show and may be picked up Sunday
afternoon after 3:00 PM.
Big Buck Special Awards
Best of Show
Big Buck Contest Awards Divisions
Each Category will be separate for Mule Deer & Whitetail Deer:
Top Archery Typical
Top Archery Non-Typical
Top Firearm Typical
Top Firearm Non-Typical
Top Youth Typical
Top Youth Non-Typical
Top Ladies Archery Typical
Top Ladies Archery Non-Typical
Top Ladies Firearm Typical
Top Ladies Firearm Non-Typical
Top Historical Typical
Top Historical Non-Typical
Top Typical (All Other States)
Top Non-Typical (All Other States)
Big Buck Contest Rules of Entry
- Contest open to hunters who legally harvested an antlered whitetail or mule deer in the State of Nebraska.
- Entries will be accepted starting 3:00 pm on Friday January 14, 2022 and close at 12:00 pm on Sunday January 16, 2022.
- Antlers do not need to be mounted. Antlers must have a solid skull plate. 60 day drying period applies. ie: harvested before November 15, 2021 to be scored January 14, 2022.
- If your deer has been previously scored, you MUST bring a copy of the official score sheet. It will not be re-measured.
- Entry Fee is per Trophy and entry in the prize drawing.
- Bucks must have been harvested in the 2020/2021 Nebraska Hunting seasons to enter the Firearm, Archery, Ladies Archery, Ladies Firearm or Youth categories.
- Bucks harvested prior to Fall 2020 hunting season must be entered in the Historical category. NOTE: Found Deer (deadheads) can be entered in the Historical Category.
- Bucks harvested in other states may be entered in the All-Other States Category regardless of year of harvest.
- To compete in the Youth category, hunter must have been under 16 years of age at time of harvest. Proof of birth date may be required.
- No previous Nebraska Deer & Game Expo winners are eligible for an award with the same trophy deer in the same category.
- Female entrants can choose whether to compete in the Ladies Archery category, Ladies Firearm category or in the appropriate method specific category (Firearm, Archery, Youth). Once entered, category cannot be changed.
- Deer from Game Farms or deer harvested in high fence areas may NOT be entered in the contest and they will not be measured.
Awards and Judging:
- Awards will be given at 3:00 Sunday in the Awards Presentation Area.
- Plaques are given for the winner in each category for Mule Deer & Whitetail Deer; Archery Typical & Non-Typical, Firearm Typical & Non-Typical, Youth Typical & Non-Typical, Historical Typical & Non-Typical, Ladies Archery Typical & Non-Typical, Ladies Firearm
Typical & Non-Typical, All Other States Typical & Non-Typical.
- Entries eligible for one Award only and must be present at the Awards Presentation to win.
- All entries will be measured by Official Measurers using the Boone & Crockett and/or Pope & Young Scoring System. Bucks can be entered into the Boone & Crockett or Pope & Young Record Books if qualified for an additional fee. Bucks that qualify will be entered in the Nebraska record book for no charge.
- Each entrant is eligible for a Special Contest Prize Drawing. You do not have to be present to win the drawing.
- Judging will be performed on Sunday afternoon. No entries can be picked up without permission before 3:00 pm on Sunday,
January 16, 2022.
- Awards will be determined based on the Boone & Crockett score and/or Pope & Young score. Trophy deer must be present to win an award.
- You MUST have a Claim Check AND Proof of Identity to claim your entry. No exceptions. Security is a high priority at the show. We strongly suggest your trophy be locked in your car after return. No trophy deer will be allowed on the show floor after return.